21 January, 2012
Posted By Rafay Baloch ,In our previous article we showed you step by step on How to built a blog on wordpress with hostgator. However in this article we will show you step How to transfer a domain name hostgator for free. However you might be a little surprised by looking at the title of this article. However I would like to clear that it's only possible when you already have a hostgator account. HostGator will transfer the primary domain name (.com, .net, .org) associated with a new client's account upon signup at no charge.
Hostgator Domain Name Transfer - Guide
Visit the Hostgator domain transfer page. You will see the following form:
Fill in the following with your details. But make sure that you following the following guidelines:
1. Make sure the WhoIs information is up-to-date.
2. Make sure you have access to the email address stated in the WhoIs Information.
3. Update name servers to the HostGator name servers prior to initiating transfer.
4. Unlock the domain.
5. Retrieve the EPP Authorization key from your current registrar.
6. Fill out the HostGator domain transfer form.
7. Please ensure that the domain is at least 60 days old.
8. This process can take up to 7 days, so please allow plenty of time for your previous registrar to approve the transfer.
Any domain transferred to HostGator is automatically renewed for an additional year for free!
*Please note that a small fee may be required for certain TLDs with higher pricing structures (Example: CO.UK, .CA, .DE, .MOBI, etc)
Rafay Baloch is an independent security researcher with Internet Marketing skills and a SEO Consultant, He is currently doing his bachelors from Bahria University in computer science Read More →